Pages

Friday 17 April 2020

the friendly tree robber

I was puzzled. Things just kept disappearing from our garden. At first it was just small things, like my toy car , then larger things began to go missing. Dad’s lawnmower vanished. Mum’s favourite plant pot with her favourite plants in. Gone! Just gone!
My parents kept saying that there were thieves on our street. I believed them. Of course I believed them! Why wouldn’t I believe them, they’re my parents?! Sneakily, I got into the habit of looking out of my bedroom window with my camera, in the hope that I would catch a snapshot of the crooks in action.
One afternoon, after I had got in from school and done my homework, I stood at my bedroom window. I was ready. I had my camera in hand. I then watched in amazement and shock as the giant oak tree, that had stood in our garden since before I was born, was dramatically wrenched from the ground by an unseen force. Its great branches and straggling roots and shaking, green leaves began to be pulled towards a hole, the size of a pound coin, in our garden fence. I watched as the tree began to be squeezed, again by this unseen force, through the hole in the fence.
A minute later I was standing with my camera at the ready, peering through the hole in the fence, desperate to find out what had happened to all the things from our garden. Then…I felt it…My eye began to feel as if it was being squeezed. My head felt as if it was being pulled towards the fence. My whole body seemed to be moving. Suddenly…Pop! puzzled. Things just kept disappearing from our garden. At first it was just small things, like my toy car , then larger things began to go missing. Dad’s lawnmower vanished. Mum’s favourite plant pot with her favourite plants in. Gone! Just gone!
My parents kept saying that there were thieves on our street. I believed them. Of course I believed them! Why wouldn’t I believe them, they’re my parents?! Sneakily, I got into the habit of looking out of my bedroom window with my camera, in the hope that I would catch a snapshot of the crooks in action.
One afternoon, after I had got in from school and done my homework, I stood at my bedroom window. I was ready. I had my camera in hand. I then watched in amazement and shock as the giant oak tree, that had stood in our garden since before I was born, was dramatically wrenched from the ground by an unseen force. Its great branches and straggling roots and shaking, green leaves began to be pulled towards a hole, the size of a pound coin, in our garden fence. I watched as the tree began to be squeezed, again by this unseen force, through the hole in the fence.
A minute later I was standing with my camera ready to snap a shot, peering through the hole in the fence, desperate to find out what had happened to all the things from our garden. Then…I felt it…My eye began to feel as if it was being squeezed. My head felt as if it was being pulled towards the fence. My whole body seemed to be moving. Suddenly…Pop!

All of a sudden the tree started to stare at me. I ran for my life screaming out help me! I run inside and I went to my mum and dad, and said out loud "wake up!" I said that until I ran out of breath .Then I got my camera and snap take the picture of the tree robber thing then I give a picture to the cops. then 2 day later they have found the man but then he said he was lonely and needed a home to live . the man was not in trouble. He lives with me his name was Timmy-Timmy and we now have an apartment and hes is the best roommate ever .

16 comments:

  1. Kia ora Sione - I love that you have started doing the distance learning mahi! Tino pai - very exciting story about a tree robber ... I wonder where the things go once they get sucked into the hole?
    Can you check your blog post as some of the writing has doubled up!
    Keep it up Sione :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morena Sione.
    I wonder if you could draw a picture of the tree robber and put it on your blog.
    Great story.There are interesting words and I wanted to keep reading more.
    Have a great day,keep safe and I hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a very cool long story like Ur describing words. WELL DONE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sione.
    I hope you had a great weekend.I look forward to reading more of your work.I can't wait to see your new blogs.Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sione, that is quite a story
    I don't know whether to be scared or relieved at the end when you are friends with Timmy-Timmy.
    The way you have written this story I felt like I was there. Especially when you described how it felt to be pulled thru the hole in the fence. That was awesome. You even added a bit of humour when you talked about believing the parents.
    Keep blogging, it so cool to share your learning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sione.
    I can't wait to see what other work you have been doing.Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sione.I am looking forward to seeing more of your work.Have a great week and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sione.I was just checking to see if you had added any new work to your blog.Have a great weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sione.I just thought I would have a look at your blog today to see if there was any new work.
    Have a great week and I hope to see you soon.
    Take care and keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sione.I am so looking forward to seeing what work you are going to be working on.I hope to see a blog from you soon.Take care,keep safe and all the best.Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sione.You should have a friendly challenge with your brother to see who can add their next blog the quickest.Remember, your blog needs to be of good quality.I look forward to checking your blog on Saturday to see how you have gone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good afternoon Sione.I was just checking your blog.I will check again soon.
    Have a great week and I hope to see you at Google Hangout.All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Sione.I was just checking your blog site to see if you had placed a blog today.Have a great week and I hope to see some work soon as I would love to read what you have been doing,during these long holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Sione.
    I was just checking your blog to see what other learning you have been completing over these long holidays.I would love to see some more of what you have been doing.I will check again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Sione.
    I am just leaving a comment to let you know that I have had a look at your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kia ora Sione.
    I am just checking all the ruma waru's blogs.I am looking forward to seeing what you have been working on.Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.